One of my favorite teaching and learning opportunities is networking and providing social and cultural opportunities that extend my classroom walls.
My American students and I skyped with a class in Ghana.
- Internet access
- Personal laptop to access Skype
- Smart board or projector for whole class viewing
- Teachers schedule Skype session with Time Zone differences in mind
- Students view teacher introduction which include: name, school, grade and subject taught
- Students volunteer to introduce themselves and ask questions
- Pre-written questions can be written and discussed prior to Skype session
- Coming of Age
- Shopping and Souks
- 21st century technology
- Poetry share
- Book talk
- Critical quotes
- Class goals and achievements
If you’re interested in scheduling a Skype session with Me and my UAE students in Abu Dhabi for the 2015-2016 school year, feel free to email me.
I’m also looking to organize ePals (e-mail pen pals for my students).